Frequently Asked Questions for Sellers
- SkinMe5 is an innovative marketplace for people looking to engage in affordable commerce. All products and services exchanged on the site are done so at a price tag of $5. Sellers can offer almost anything they can think of to an unlimited audience. Buyers can review the 'Deals' on the site, or they can create their own 'Requests' if they are looking for something specific that they can't locate. Buyers and Sellers can list as many Requests and Deals as they want, at no cost. What a great way to put some money in your pocket. Sign up today and get started selling, because EVERYONE loves a brand new crisp $5 bill!!!
- Everyone is eligible to sign up and it only takes a minute to do so. There is no cost to sign up, so why not give it a shot. Come on in and earn some 'Skins' today!!!
- A 'Deal' is a service or product that a Seller is offering.
- When you see a Deal you are interested in, click the Order Now button and chose your payment option. Some of our options include Paypal, Paxum and, for mobile purchases, Dwolla. If you have a balance in your SkinMe5 account, you can use these funds as well. Both Buyer and Seller will receive emails notifying them of the purchase. When the Seller completes the order, the Seller will notify the Buyer through our internal email system and deliver the work. The Buyer then reviews the work delivered, and if everything is acceptable, they confirm that the Deal has been completed. They are also given the opportunity at that time to rate the Seller and provide feedback. Pretty simple.
- IIf you are not happy with what has been delivered, for any reason, you are always able to dispute it. The first step is always communication with the Seller. Try and resolve it yourself. If you are unable to resolve it, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Please make sure to include the order number and a history of the dispute in your email. We'll respond as soon as possible.
- If a Seller fulfills the purchase, and delivers it to you, but it's not what you had agreed upon there are a few options to address the situation. You can either communicate through the messaging system directly with the Seller, or you can go to “My Sales” and hit the “Got Problems?” Tab. If you choose the "Got Problems?" tab, you have three options.
1. Reject delivered Work – the Seller receives notification that there is a dispute, and the order goes back into his active queue in order to try and fulfill it again.
2. Request Cancellation – The Buyer is requesting the order be canceled and funds returned. The Seller can either accept or reject this request. If the Seller accepts it, the order is marked as Canceled in the system and funds returned to the Buyer. If the Seller rejects it, the order goes back into the active queue to be worked on and resubmitted as completed.
3. Out of Ideas- The last option is a help guide called Out of Ideas. It simply provides some tips on how to try and resolve the dispute.
- If the Seller is unable to fulfill their obligation, they also have a few options. First step is to go to the “My Deals” section and click on the Got Problems? tab. As a Seller, at this point, you can either:
1. Request a cancellation – A notice will be sent to the Buyer that you are requesting the order to be canceled. They can either accept or reject the request. If they accept it, the order is simply canceled and funds are returned to the Buyer's account. If they reject it, they are requesting you complete the order and it is put back into your active orders queue.
2. Force Cancel Order – If the Seller chooses this option, the order is canceled, funds are returned to the Buyer, and the Seller is given a negative rating on their profile.
3. Out of Ideas- If the Seller chooses the Out of Ideas option, they will be directed to some helpful tips to try and resolve the matter.
- That can be summed up in five (5) words – as long as you want. Deals remain active until you decide to either delete them or suspend them. There is ABSOLUTLEY NO COST to post a Deal, so post as many as you want.
- Every Deal on SkinMe5 costs $5, unless you need to pay for shipping a product or order more than one Deal from a Seller.
- For every Deal you sell, once it has been confirmed by the Buyer, you will receive $4, which will be credited to your SkinMe5 account. We reserve the right to increase commission in the future if costs rise.
- Our payment processing options currently include Paypal, Paxum and Dwolla (our mobile e-wallet partner). If you don't have any of these, you can make purchases on the site using your credit card, or if you have a current SkinMe5 account balance, you can use those funds. If you are a Seller, in order to get paid from your SkinMe5 account, you will need either a Paypal, Paxum or Dwolla account. We are always looking for additional options, and will get them added as fast as possible. If you use a service you think we should add, please feel free to let us know. Send us an email to email@example.com.
- There is a holding period of 13 days after the purchase is confirmed as completed before funds are deposited into your SkinMe5 account and available for withdrawal.
- There is no minimum balance required to withdraw funds. However, depending on which payout option you use, they may charge a fee when you do. We suggest waiting until you have a minimum of $50 as a balance, but that is up to you – they are your 'Skins'!!
- Sure, we have an advertising area. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in talking about placing an ad on the site.
- SkinMe5 is a very safe place that prides itself in confidentiality and security. We work with some of the largest and most respected payment processors to make sure your funds are safe and secure. We don't see any of your payment information as they handle all of that on their networks.
- We have tried to think of a wide variety of categories, but we are probably going to miss a few. You have a couple of options. You can either post your Deal or Request in the "Other" category, or contact us at email@example.com and we will see what we can do to get your category added.
- If you are looking for something on SkinMe5.com and can't locate it, you can always create your own Request to see if there is anyone out there who can provide you what you want. This is a great option for people with specific needs. Simply log into the site, and click on the Buyers button on the menu at the top and scroll down to “My Requests”. Entering a Request is basically the same as entering a Deal.
- Typically Deals, if they conform to our terms of service, are approved right away. This enables you start buying and selling immediately.